Established in 1944, the Madaket boat yard began as a family owned boat repair shop. Boats were brought into the shops by using the high tides, and were placed up onto railroad ties while repairs were made. In 1966, Hither Creek Boat Yard was formed by a small group of Madaket residents, and in the 1980’s, Madaket Marine was formed as a division of Hither Creek Boat Yard, Inc.
More than forty years later, Madaket Marine continues their commitment to taking care of our customers and protecting the local environment. As the last water front marina on Nantucket Island, we are dedicated to safety and environmental responsibility. We take great pride in keeping both a safe and clean marina, and look forward to the reoccurring faces season after season.